Saturday 12 January 2008

...it was definitely a cold

The good thing is I had a cold which laid me up for four days so my sluggish runs on Sunday were not necessarily down to poor fitness. The bad news is I had a cold which laid me up etc - so couldn't run until Friday. This week's mileage will look decidely dodgy, but there are still 13 weeks / three months to go before London, so let's not get woried too soon eh?

Friday night saw an easy 5-ish mileage with the usual post-cold tight chest and sluggish legs. However I felt I could have slipped in a an extra mile or so but didn't. Probably wise.

Saturday and I clocked up a slow-ish 7.5 in an hour. However it was a route I'd used over the last few weeks which has a shortcut to about 6.5. In previuous weeks I'd taken the easy option and headed for home at a T-junction roads to the shortcut. This time I felt reasonably OK and at the junction turned away from home for the full distance. There's also nothing quite cold puddles in a country lane to wake you up in the morning - you know the sort which stretch right across the road and the grass bank is actually a mud verge. Nothing for it but to wade right through and feel the cold water splash against the calves. Lovely day though - blue sky, slight cold breeze and bright wintery morning sun.

Now, let's see what Sunday's proposed long run brings. The schedule says 16. Not sure how I'll fare.

No comments: