Tuesday 1 January 2008

Off Road 6 1/2

Times were when New Year's Day was spend racing the rather excellent Wymondham AC 10K. This usually attracts a mix od the hung over, fancy dress, belated santas plus racers. Infact my 10K PB was set there in 2005 (40:03 and probably the closest I'll get now to that elusive sub-40 10K). Having not raced for a couple of years this is no longer my usual habit for 1st January anymore.

So instead I took myself off for an easy-ish 6.5 to 7 mainly off road around Blofield, Strumpshaw and Brundall. Chest was still tight from the cold and it was more of a struggle than it should have been at the easy pace, but it's great getting out in the open air, little traffic, birds scooting around and a soft top coating of slippy mud across footpaths (some of which had been ploughed over and consequently required a bit of picking your way through). However I'm lucky to be healthy enough to run and enjoy such things.

No comments: